Here at Norfolk Pharmacy and Surgical Supplies we offer the unique ability to supply our customers with customized and specialty bracing to meet all of your needs.
If you are interested in a custom brace please contact the store and our qualified & trained staff are happy to assist you with any questions you have and we are here to make your custom bracing as easy as possible.
Here is some important information for you to know before visiting the store:
- If you have a doctor's prescription please bring it with you to the store.
- For a custom brace it is required to be prescribed by either a Sports Medicine Physician or a Surgeon with a detailed description of type of brace required and injury you are treating.
- If you have Extended Health Insurance please call your insurance company to confirm the details of your coverage before visiting the store. Please note that we do not offer direct billing but will honor no tax on products that have a corresponding doctor's prescription. You will be provided with a valid receipt to submit to your insurance company.
- You will need to make an appointment for your custom brace measurements with the Pharmacist Sultan Asaria. Please call the store or visit to find out availability.
- Once your measurements are taken you may be able to pick a custom design/color and your order will be placed the same or next business day. Please allow 7-10 business days for shipment of your brace and our staff will contact you when it has arrived.
- Next we will make a second appointment to have you come in and be fitted into your custom brace so any adjustments can be made at the time.
Some common custom bracing we have done:
- Custom knee bracing for injuries such as ACL or MCL tears, sprains or repairs, Osteoarthritis, Meniscus injuries, ACL, PCL, MCL or LCL instabilities, Chondromalacia, Patellar tendonitis and so on...
- Custom shoulder bracing for injuries such as fractures, post-operative healing, Carpal tunnel syndrome, Rotator cuff repairs, Glenohumeral dislocations/subluxation, soft tissue repairs and so on...
- Custom back bracing for injuries such as low back pain, post operative, lumbar disc replacement, osteoporosis, disc herniation, spondylolisthesis, spinal stenosis and so on...
Our suppliers for custom bracing include:
If you have any questions about a custom brace or injury that you do not see listed on this page please feel free to contact the store and our staff would be happy to assist you.